Broadview Produce is proudly sponsoring Phylicia George.
Phylicia George is part of the next wave of track & field athletes that represent Canada. Having a great work ethic and understanding the importance of personal development, Phylicia has been able to achieve great results.
Currently, fully focused on track & field, Phylicia is going to see where her passion takes her then resume medical studies.
Some of the accomplishments that Phylicia has achieved include:
- 6th place finish at the London Olympics in 100m Hurdles
- 2012 Canadian Track Athlete of the Year
- 2012 National Champion in 100m
- 2011 Inaugural National Track League Champion
University of Connecticut School Record Holder in:
- 60m Hurdles
- 100m Hurdles
PHYLICIA IN THE KITCHEN
Training for the Pan American Games and Summer Olympics, as you can imagine, can be exhausting! The rewarding feeling of kicking off your sneakers and enjoying a delicious healthy home cooked meal makes all the training more enjoyable. A quick dish that Phylicia enjoys after practice is a fruit & vegetable stir fry that has kale, cauliflower, french beans, brussel sprouts, and mango cubes (you can use slices if you prefer).
- STEP 1: Clean and prep the fruits & vegetables to the edible sizes you prefer.
- STEP 2: Steam vegetables until they are thoroughly cooked
- STEP 3: Saute cooked vegetables in olive oil and add the prepped mangoes. Cook until mangoes begin to soften.
- STEP 4: Enjoy!
Bronze medal won in the two-man-Women's bobsleigh at the 2018 Pyeongchang olympics with Olympic champion, Kaillie Humphries.
World cup debut with Olympic champion Kaillie Humphries in Bobsleigh.
2nd place at 2016 Edmonton Canadian Championship
Oylmpics Brasil Phylicia made the Finals & came in 8th.
The Canadian Track & Field Championships 2014 in Moncton,
New Brunswick, June 27-29: she won first place in the 100 Meter Hurdles.
The Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014: 4th in the 4 x 100 Meter Relay along with teammates Crystal Emmanuel, Kimberly Hyacinth & Khanica Bingham.